1) Bulk Check In from Arrivals/Departure Panel – It is now possible to do bulk check ins within the Arrivals/Departure panel of the grid. Within the panel is a new button labeled Bulk Check In. This will provide a list of the reservations due to be checked in allowing the user to select the desired reservations to be checked in.
Note: A reservation cannot be checked In if the reservation is not
This screenshot shows the list of reservations (listed in date order) not checked in after pressing the Bulk Check In button.
You can now choose the reservations you would like to be checked in by clicking the check boxes next to the desired reservations and choose submit. This will display a confirmation message.
Note: Checking the Sel box in the Header will provide a Select All
After clicking “Yes” to confirm the checking in of the reservations, the status of the reservations will updated to indicate if they have been checked in successfully or any issue with the process
N.B. Some reservations may display a warning message (You cannot check in reservation on unit that has an existing reservation checked in still). These reservations would have to be dealt with 1st and then the process can be repeated
2) Sortable Columns – Sorting is now available in the multiple panels. The arrows in the column heading will indicate if the data can be sorted by that column. By clicking on the arrows, the data would either be sorted in ascending or descending order. This capability has been applied to the following panels:
- Arrivals/Departures – All tabs
- Account Review Aging – All tabs
- Billing Policy Review
- Batch Review
- Type Revenue & Occupancy
- Unit Revenue & Occupancy
- Process Daily Charges
- Point of Sale Activity
3) Reverse Invoices – Users will now be able to reverse an invoice in a reservation by clicking the Rev button in the Guest Folio under the Charges and Payments section. This will apply an opposite charge of the products within the invoice and hidden in the Till tape.
4) Arrivals/Departure Preview Button – It is now possible to print from the preview panel of the Arrivals/Departure panel. Previously, clicking the preview button would display a panel showing all selected information to be exported. The print button now allows you to print the data without having to download the .xls file.
In the Arrivals/Departure panel, click on the Export button.
Press the Preview button within the Data Export panel (Data can be selected/deselected by pressing the checkboxes above the column headings).
The preview panel now displays a print button at the top right allowing users to print the information without downloading the file.
5) Auto Assign Unit on Grid – A new option has been added which automatically assigns a unit when dragging on the grid and clicking on the Rez Quote button. This option can be accessed by going to Setup, Business Setup, Business Info and clicking on the Preferences tab.
6) Auto Assign Unit Online – Users are now able to set the preference which will automatically assign a unit when making a reservation from the online booking pages. If single unit is not available for the full time period, the customer will not be able to make the reservation online but will be prompted to choose another unit type or call in.
7) Client Document/Image Upload – It is now possible to upload and image or document when adding a client within the Client Editor. Go to the Client Editor panel on the grid, click the Search or Add button and then click either Documents to upload a document or Images to upload an image for a client or a business.
8) Batch Printing Options – Batch Printing is now available for the Departures tab and the Registered tab in the Arrivals/Departure panel.
9) No Occupants Required – Users are now able to have reservations created where no occupants are required. This setting is assigned on the Unit Type level to allow any reservation of that unit type to be created without any occupants being assigned.
This preference is turned on in the Unit Type Setup panel
Note : Occupants can still be added if necessary to the reservation
10) Click Event on Arrival/Departure Panel rows – Users can now select a reservation in the arrivals/Departure panel by clicking anywhere within the row as well as clicking the radio button for the row.
11) Additional Data for the Export (Arrivals/Departure panel) – Five new data fields have been added to the Arrival and Departure panel’s export. These fields are:
Check in time – Check in time set on the reservation
Check Out time – Check in time set on the reservation
Alternate Confirmation Number – Once a reservation has an alt confirmation number, this will be available
Alternate Grid Label – Displays the data in this field once enabled in the Business preferences
Rez Type Label – Provides the user with the type of reservation or pencil
The Check In times and Check Out times columns are displayed here.
Alternate Confirmation Number and Alternate Grid Label
Rez Type Label
12) Disabling Marketing Emails – It is now possible to disable a marketing email without deleting it. This can be done by making sure all unit types are unassigned. This will halt the automatic sending of the email until a unit type is selected again.
13) Payment Gateways Separated – Users are now able to set different payment processors for their online booking interface and their console interface. i.e Online can be set as Paytrace and their console set as Credit Card Vault.
14) Group Client email availability – The Group Level client’s email(s) will now be available in the individual reservation as an option to have the email sent to. e.g If the group leader email (Leslie) is set as firstname.lastname@example.org and the individual reservation within the group (Mark) email is set as email@example.com, then when looking at Mark’s reservation when sending out an email both Leslie and Mark’s emails will be available as an option for where the information is sent to.
15) Image/Document Mod Time – The Mod time will now be provided when a document or an image is uploaded so the user would be aware of the date and time the document was uploaded.
16) Arrivals/Departure panel Speed Improvements – The queries have been updated in the arrivals and departures panel to provide additional speed improvements. Users should see a difference in data being retrieved.
17) Panel Location Change – The Analytics, Type Revenue & Occupancy and the Unit Revenue & Occupancy panels have been relocated to the Home page. This page can be reached by clicking on the Home button to the top of the page.
18) Force Mobile phone online preference – Users can now force their clients to input a Mobile phone number online. This can be applied under the Online Settings section of the Business Info page in Setup.
19) Business Name Formatting Preference – Users can now disable the Initial Caps formatting from their Business Name so their own custom capitalization can be applied.
20) Meter Batch Export – A new export button is now available within the Batch review panel. This will allow a user to export the data into a spreadsheet document or even produce a quick report from the preview option within the export by selecting the desired column fields
21) Invoice Indentation – The Name and address details have been indented on the invoices to allow them to better suited to visible in an envelope window
22) New Dashboard Panel – This panel is currently under development to provide users with a quick one-stop destination of summarized details on the business status on a given day or over a range. This is located on the Home page.
Note: The values may not be correct as its currently under development
23) Shorten or Extend Long Term Reservations fix – Previously users were unable to shorten a long term reservation which started over a year and a half prior to the current date. With the fix, users will be able to extend or shorten their reservation without having to contact DigitalRez to complete.
24) Periodic Billing Date Sort Order Fix – The fix has been applied to have periodic billings charges applied in order based on the date.
25) Default Rate Group Fix – The fix has been applied that if the default rate group is changed the booking quote will reflect that change.
(1) Group Pencil In – There will be a new Pencil In type (e.g Maintenance, Regular) which will distinguish for a Group Pencil In
(2) Property and Revenue Sharing – The ability to track revenue, property documents and policies for Units and businesses within the system
(3) Home Page – The user will be provided with page for quick reference in regards to Business status statistics, Training Video archive, Documentation Archive, Gazette and any Featured News
(4) Warning List on comments- This will allows users to determine on a reservation if there is a warning list comment associated with the client
(5) Security Gates– The ability to manage security gates within the system where the system can generate and mange
(6) Occupancy Log – Users will be able to track the occupancy log on all reservations. i.e if there are vacant time slots when the reservation will not be occupied and when the primary occupant changes on the reservation. Users will also be able to place comments on the occupants of the reservation
(7) Contact for an Account Receivable – Users will be able to enter the contact person for any AR account created.
(8) AR revenue in the Revenue Statistic panel – The revenue from Reservation Product sales done in the AR of a client will be added to the calculations in the Revenue Statistics panel
(9) Recur Pay – This will allows user to create an reoccurring payment policy to charge a customers credit card
(10) Waiting List – Keep an account of customers who wanted to make a reservation but there was no availability at that instance. This will allow users to contact the customers if inventory becomes available
(11) Save Quotes – Users will be able save quotations for packages which will be a combination of reservations and products, thus speeding up the process of applying packages to customers.
(12) Google Maps – The capability of using the Google map engine to check availability and make reservations based on the geographical location on the map.
(13) Marketing Module – Users will be able to create tasks and notes for employees and also to schedule different types of emails based on the status of reservations.
(14) Training Academy – A training academy for the RezExpert software will be coming soon. Users will be able to take courses in regards to the use of the software and its capabilities. It will provide a multitude of training materials (videos and help documents) to assist with the training process. Completion certificates can be achieved and tracking of progress and achievements.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!